Sunday, October 27, 2013

Getting Around

Hi Everyone,

Let me begin by saying we have been really busy around here. We are well into craft show season. We have 2 down and 3 to go.

My first show was at Temple of Praise in Houma, La. TOP is relatively new to the craft show circuit and this was their 2nd one this year. They are still growing and trying to get the word out about their craft show. It is a benefit for their ladies’ ministry at the church. When I get more information on their next one I’ll pass the word here.

My second show was at Grace Lutheran Church, again it was in Houma. Grace has held this event for about 14 years now. It is more than just crafts. They also have a face painter, music, a rummage sale, food booths, bounce houses, etc. The money they raise goes to several charities in town. The church does not keep any of the proceeds. It is a family friendly event with something for all ages. The weather cooperated fully and we had a beautiful day for an outdoor event such as this.

My next two shows are biggest two I ‘ve signed up to do, Southdown Museum Marketplace and also Thibodeauville.

Southdown Marketplace is in Houma, LA is a fundraiser for Southdown Museum. The marketplace is held twice a year and has a over 300 booths of crafters and also has food and music. This event is held the first Saturday of November and the weekend before Easter (on Saturday).

This Saturday, November 2, is the next Southdown Marketplace and I am going for the first time! I will be in booth number 55. I hope those within driving distance will take time to come out that day. Admission is $5 for those 12 and over, kids under 12 are free. This is a first class craft show and has been going on for years. There are also food booths galore, music, and tours of the museum. Here is a link with all the information you will need. Hours are 8:00-4:00. http://www.southdownmuseum.org/marketplace

The following Saturday, November 9, I will be at Thibodauville in Thibodaux, La. Thibodauxville is more like a fall festival. It has so much going on, it is hard to imagine doing it all ... crafters, Corvette car show, duck races, food booths, a 5-K race and more. Hours are 8:30-5:00.

On another note, I have been trying to get a handle on the whole Pinterest thing. I had set up an accout a while back but did not fool with it much. I spent some more time there today and added some coasters. I hope you’ll check it out. The thing I am still sketchy on is how to find me. Just do a search for Custom Coasters by Cindy. If you find me I hope you’ll repin some of my stuff. Also, I would love to hear from you about what you’ve repinned.

Please visit me on Facebook and keep up with things that are going on .... www.facebook.com/customcoastersbycindy.

Toodles for now,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment