Friday, September 27, 2013

Cleaning My Studio?

It has been a week today since I last posted. A lot has happened since then, most of it pretty tedious and boring. However, one thing is that dd and I got home Sunday from a little excursion. We went to The Cropper's Cottage in New Iberia, La. It is a neat little hang out for scrapbookers and crafters in general. The Cottage, as I usually refer to it, is quite comfortable and homey. Yet the owner, Franny, offers lots in the way of crafting tools. She has it all well organized and plenty of space to work. It is enough to make any crafter jealous! LOL

So, when I am getting ready to leave for a trip like this, or coming home and unpacking, I have this love hate relationship with my studio. It is quite an awesome space ... I mean plenty of space. The issue is that all the supplies for scrapbooking and making coasters can get quite out of hand, and rather quickly. I have bettered my situation by getting some built in storage. It gives me a place to store most of my stuff with out it having to be stored on the dining room table, under a side table in the dining room, in a closet in the den and scattered about my studio. Usually it takes me a week or two to get things back in some sort of order after my crafting trips. However, this last trip, it only took a couple of days. I'd say that is progress.

My problem with started on a clean up in my studio is letting it get to the point where I am overwhelmed. I don't know where to start or what to clear off first I have a place to put things. Ever felt that way? I am trying to learn that I just have to start somewhere. This evening I was going through some of my favorites and came across a website, Crafts Report. I ventured into reading an article and thought ... this lady has been in my studio and is reading my mind!! LOL Here is a link to the article and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, especially if you've ever dealt with a black hole .... Cleaning My Studio by Luann Udell.

I hope when I have to pack again for a trip, that I am better organized and can get on the road quickly. But we all know the best part of trips is coming home again. :)

Happy crafting.

Toodles for now,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment