Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn, Football, and Craft Shows

Hello Fabulous Friends,

I hope you are noticing cooler autumn temps where you live. It does set the pace for enjoyable days and nights when we have cooler weather. The change of seasons can also add spring to our step! Down here in south Louisiana we have noticed our highs are edging out of the 90's and are now only in the (high) 80's. :\ Autumn cannot come soon enough for me! I love opening our windows during the day so our home can air out and we enjoy hearing the wind rustle the leaves.

The fall season also means fall festivals, craft show and fairs and football. My favorite team had an awful showing yesterday. I try to allow only 24 hours of mourning, disappointment, and anger. At this writing it has been about 24 hours since the slaughter began so I am officially moving on! :D If you are a football fan I hope your team had a better showing!

Now on to happier topics, like craft shows. I was a vendor at a craft show this past weekend. We had the opportunity to meet some other wonderful vendors, all of whom had awesome handcrafted items for sale. We got to look over their wares, ooh and aah, and even purchase--or at least we promised to look at their website in coming days. We know we will meet down the road at future crafts shows.

I am looking forward to my next show at Shadows on the Teche in New Iberia, Louisiana. It is a Site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. There will be about 100 arts and crafts booths with handcrafted items for sale, kids' games, tours of the plantation home, and concessions. I know we will get to see two fellow vendors that we have worked with before. One of our neighbors this past weekend will be at Shadows, Polished Peacock. Another fellow vendor, Michael’s Pickles, will be there. My dh’s new favorite pickles are the sweet and spicey by Michael’s Pickels.



The hours for the event are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This is a marvelous opportunity to take a day trip. There will be something for everyone. You can even be home in time to watch LSU and Auburn play on Saturday evening. This link gives some pertinent information for those wanting to attend. Click here.

Here is what you need to find Shadows on the Teche:

317 East Main Street
New Iberia, LA
337-369-6446
Shadows on the Teche website
Shadows on the Teche Facebook

I hope to see you down the road!

Blessings,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment