Thursday, July 25, 2013

Inaugural Blog!

For all those out in the blogging world, this is my first attempt to put something out there in the blogosphere.  LOL  My attempt may be full of mistakes and errors but at least I am trying something new today!  I love to talk and hope that translates here to my blog.

A little about me.  I have a custom coaster business I started last December that was quite a God thing.  (Oh, btw, you'll find mentions of God, Jesus and other religious related themes in my blogs ... just wanted you to know up front!)

I took a class on how to make coasters that was offered by a local flooring center, thinking this would make cool gifts and that was it.  I made 2 sets of 4 coasters and gave them away for Christmas.  When I gave one set to my nail tech, Jayme, one of her other clients came in.  She saw the coasters I gave Jayme and asked if I sell the coasters. Up to that point I had not thought about it but out of my mouth came, "Yes."  Then the client asked, "How much?"  Out of my mouth, seemingly on it's own, was the price I ended up charging at that time.  The rest they say is history.  Since then I've sold many sets of coaters and have expanded my product line to include trivets.

I do feel God opened the door for me to do this.  I love the creativity part of it and I love sharing it with friends, family, and complete strangers.  Some of my designs will have a definate religious theme.  That is just part of who I am.  I am a believer in Jesus Christ.  He gave me the gift to do this so I cannot separate out my beliefs from what I do.  I will do this as long as He calls me to do it and opens doors.

For coasters, customers can choose from ivory or scabos tumbled travertine or bottocino tumbled marble.  I place 4 small felt pads on the bottom to protect your furniture.  Each set is tied with beautiful ribbon or twine.  All my coasters are truly functional.  They will absorb moisture from a drink that is condensating BUT you will not lose your design in the process.

Trivets are available in 8"x8" ivory tumbled travertine and comes with 4 rubber feet to protect your surfaces.  Some of the trivets I design have added "bling" and this may prevent them from being used under a hot pot or casserole.  If that is the case, I will say so on the desription of the trivet.  The trivets with extra bling make beautiful decorative items.

Any design is customizable.  I have about 25 colors to pick from for the design.  Customers can also request background colors and I have over 25 colors from which to choose.  They can be used in almost any combination.

So what occasions can be commemorated with a set of coasters or a trivet?  Almost any occasion, but here are some to jog your memory ... :)

Birthdays
Anniversaries
Graduation
Thank You Gift
Teacher Appreciation
Customer/Client Appreciation
Retirement
Wedding/Shower Gift
Wedding Favors
Wedding Party Gifts
Hostess Gift
Hanukkah
Christmas Gift
Mother's Day
Father's Day
Valentine's Day

You can keep up with me here or at the following ...
www.customcoastersbycindy.com
www.facebook.com/customcoastersbycindy
and on Twitter @ CustomCoasters-Cindy

Tootles for now!
Cindy

2 comments: