Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Happy Tuesday afternoon Peeps!  Do you know you are special to me?  YES ~ you are!  I appreciate everything you do to make this world a better place … a smile, the community service you do, your dedication to your job, your place in your family … it all adds up to someone pretty special doing special things!

I am writing a blog entry today due to some special big news that I want to share with you.  Oh, and to piggyback on my excitement over this news … I have disco music going on!  LOL Yes, I have some positive energy going on here and the disco music fits this afternoon!  LOL

As you know I have a booth at a business I own with my husband, Joe’s Boots of Houma.  It is my premier location in Houma.  A friend, and fellow vintage lover, Paulette of Delillah Jane Designs has some space in this booth as well.  We love this business, have been friends longer than we’ve been active in this business and will remain friends no matter what.

Before I ventured into having a permanent booth anywhere, dh and I did a lot of weekend shows.  We have done local, out of town and out of state shows.  We still have a love for those shows which include the franchise Vintage Market Days, Market at the Mill, etc.

Now we are venturing over to some new territory for us … having a booth in Thibodaux, Louisiana, while keeping our booth in Houma.  As of this morning I signed a contract to have a small booth in Lagniappe Shoppe now located at the icehouse in Thibodaux!  Yes!  Ashli of Lagniappe is investing in Thibodaux with this revitalization of the old icehouse on St. Patrick.

I have been over there a few times and the store is coming along quite nicely.  I love the vintage vibe from this building and the fact that it’s a landmark.  I believe you’ll love shopping there.  Last Saturday and this morning a friend and I got meet some others who will have booths there as well.

My booth will be near the entrance and will feature the things I love, and sometimes I love them so much it’s hard to part with them!  {very big grin} I will post pics of my booth with merchandise as I make progress. However, I am posting a pic of how my booth sits now.  It is empty and lonely but won’t be that way for long.

Lagniappe will be opening on Thursday, November 5.  Yes, that is correct ... in just a few days.  Next week on Thursday is the first day it’s open to the public!  You’ll want to be there the first day to take it all in.  The grand opening is scheduled for Saturday, December 5.

Shopping my booths at Joe’s Boots of Houma and Lagniappe in a Thibodaux will be a unique experience.  Almost everything I have is one of a kind.  You will rarely see repeats of something.  This means different merchandise at each store, but it will all be vintage, upcycled, well-loved, and ready to make your home its forever home.  It also means that when a one-of-a-kind piece sells, it's gone forever.  It's important to act fast!

If you are looking for something in particular, please feel free to contact me.  I am happy to assist you by letting you know if I have what you’re looking for.  If you want to make an appointment for a consultation at one of my booths, I am also available for that as well.

I look forward to seeing you at Cynthia Welch Designs, now located in Joe’s Boots of Houma and Lagniappe Shoppe in Thibodaux.

Much love,

Cindy Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment